Friday 14 June 2013

Chicken Soup

Hello! In my family, we are vegetarians, so we don't eat meat - so I will post a recipe I found on a different website as Springclaw requested a post on chicken soup.

INGREDIENTS TO SERVE 6

  • 2 onions, peeled and sliced
  • 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
  • 25g/2oz plain flour
  • 1.2 litres/2 pints chicken stock
  • 450g/1lb cooked chicken, skinned and shredded
  • 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper


METHOD


Gently fry the onions, celery, and carrots in a large pan over a medium heat until they start to soften. 

Stir in the flour and cook for two minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring as you do so. Season with salt and pepper, and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for ten minutes, until the vegetables are tender. 

Add the cooked chicken and heat the soup so it's the right temperature. Stir in the parsley to serve. 



I hope this recipe is what you were looking for, Springclaw! And I must say as I was writing it I wished I could eat it - but I won't stop being a vegetarian. 

By the way, talking of vegetarians, I'll be posting some vegetarian cooking soon. :)


4 comments:

  1. Thanks! We're going to try it for lunch tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) I hope you like it! ^.^

      Delete
    2. Oh! I forgot to tell you how DELICIOUS it was! It came out absolutely perfect. We had it for lunch 5 days ago, and again for lunch yesterday. It's the perfect lunch meal, but wouldn't satisfy my starving dinner stomach :D

      Delete
    3. SilverDawn on her Granddad's Computer27 June 2013 at 03:43

      I'm so glad! :D

      Delete

Hello! Please follow these simple commenting rules:
1. No swearing.
2. Nothing inappropriate. Remember that this blog is for all ages! :)
3. Please leave your opinion and be honest, but respect other opinions and don't be rude!
4. Keep commenting!!!
Thanks! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...